Property Management Service
Services covered by our management fee would be the following:
- The delivery and service of ground rent demands to the lessees and accounting for same to the Freeholder/Management Company as required on the understanding that such information is provided in writing from the appropriate person.
- The submission of demands for service charges due from the tenants at appropriate intervals in accordance with the terms of the Lease, including securing payment from tenants and ensuring, as fast as possible, that accounts are paid up to date.
- Dealing with all outgoings from the service charge account in respect of day to day maintenance and making payments of authorised and appropriate bills where funds are available.
- Administering the Building Insurance and other insurances where these are necessary, including Public Liability for staff, boiler and lift insurance and buildings and contents insurance.
- Engaging and supervising staff such as cleaners, gardeners, etc., and payment of their wages and dealing with all VAT and National Insurance matters with the Revenue.
- The arrangement and supervision of maintenance contracts in relation to entryphones, cleaning, gardening, aerial, fire extinguishers, drain clearance and any other ongoing contracts as required by the lessees.
- Inspecting the property at regular intervals to check on maintenance repairs as required and also the supervision of staff in their duties and dealing with day to day repairs as necessary.
- Dealing with all routine management enquiries received from residents and/or their solicitors with regard to new tenancies or sales of existing Leases, however a nominal charge will be made for providing new leaseholders/freeholders with details of service charges and share certificates.
- Keeping all records regarding details of tenancies and other matters relating to the property, including details of payments made and received, agreements entered into and any changes on tenancies.
- Preparation of annual service charge accounts, and liasing with the Company's Accountants for the audit of these accounts and the preparation of the accounts for the company.
- Submission to the lessees of a summary of accounts of income and expenditure in accordance with the terms of the lease, showing details of any under or over expenditure as against the budgeted amount and the debits or credits for each tenant.
- Preparation of the budget for the proposed service charge year in consultations with the client and/or the lessees.
- Liasing with the residents and discussions with same, attending meetings as and when required, including periodic Management Committee meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Excluded from our quoted fee, would be major building works with required a specification or works being prepared, tenders submitted and the works supervised. Such items will require the service of notice under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987. This would be dealt with by a separate fee based on normal building contract work and dealt with a Building Surveyor. Our fees in this case would be on a time basis, but as a general guide, the cost would be approximately 10% of the total contract sum except for very small contracts where the % might be higher.
For a free appraisal of your building and to find out about our competitive rates please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)207 435 4353.